Friday, October 4, 2019

Humans of LBCC Week 1

Humans of LBCC 1
Abby Grewatz, First Resort Coordinator

First Resort is a sort of student problem-solving center. So, we can help students with pretty much any question that they may have about college, about LBCC, just a kind of catch-all one-stop for student questions. So, sometimes we have the answer, and be able to fix whatever issue they’re experiencing, sometimes we might refer to other resources on campus."
"In the area where I work, I’ve really enjoyed getting to know my coworkers and other staff members here. They’re very welcoming, very kind, very helpful. This week, I’ve also gotten to know some students, so that has been really fun, to work through some of their questions." 
"About the campus, I also really like the courtyard area, and just being able to be outside during the day; so, I’ve been taking my lunches out to the courtyard area. I’ve heard there’s some good food in the commons area; I haven’t had the chance to try it yet, but that also seems like a perk of working here."
“I’d say one of my sources of inspiration is one of my friends from grad school; She, in the last few years, has had some medical issues come up in her life, and it’s had a lot to do with her life. For me it’s been very inspiring to watch her deal with these challenges. She’s really come out on the other side, going to school; she’s in college right now, she’s been successful in college, and has been able to continue working towards her career goals ad her life dreams.”

Humans of LBCC 2
Alicia Estrada, Animal Science major
“Lately, I think [a source of inspiration has been] my parents . I have  an older brother, and my parents work 3 jobs in order to help me and my brother get through college. And they’ve been inspiring because I feel the need to be successful in life; that way I can repay them and help them.”
"I work in the admissions office, so I like working here, and I get to meet a lot of new people."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Space Force's First Season Struggles to Get Off the Ground

Courtesy: Netflix General Mark Naird  wanted to run the air force, but instead he got stuck in an office. Such is the fate of just about eve...