Friday, November 15, 2019

Forum Post - Week 7: My Hometown

The subject I'm planning on doing is my good ol' hometown of Lebanon. I don't exaggerate when I say I know EVERY good place within the city limits that'd make for a good photo. Not only that, but I also know what angles and areas are good to take photos FROM. For an event, I have several ideas: The most obvious one would be the farmer's market on Thursday, though since that's literally the day before the due date I think I should definitely shoot an event earlier in the week just in case. On that note I figure I can either do the High School football game's practices or even maybe an actual game. If one's willing to stretch the definition of an "event," I was thinking of some sort of mosaic shot of a park, where I take shots from the same place and angle at different times, then superimpose all the shots together.

Landmarks're easy, and I've got two ideas off the top of my head. The Kuhn theater is our local cinema, and there's a lot I can say about AND some of its more recent history. Right across the street from it is a plaza, which was recently built over an empty lot that had 3 large, beautiful murals on the outside walls of the adjacent buildings. I think this is the more interesting topic, because it's a newer landmark that was built in place of an old one. I can discuss both at length, and I even have some photos of the old murals sitting in an old folder or flash drive somewhere.

I don't have a lot of ideas for a portrait shot. The easy solution would be to shoot someone at the farmer's market, or one of the other events I might end up doing. I also thought I might get ambitious and see if I can get in touch with anyone at city hall. Barring that, figured I'd just do a shot of someone that works at one of the shops downtown.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Space Force's First Season Struggles to Get Off the Ground

Courtesy: Netflix General Mark Naird  wanted to run the air force, but instead he got stuck in an office. Such is the fate of just about eve...