Thursday, December 5, 2019

Forum Post Week 1 Response

Class Goals


1. Firstly, as mentioned I'm hoping the class will give me a good idea of what to expect from a career in Journalism. 

2. I'm also hoping to relearn some of the finer points of photography that I've forgotten in the last few years since my last photography class. 

3. Lastly, I suppose a more personal goal would simply be to enjoy myself while working on class projects. It's been a while since I've had a mindset in a class other than, "This is due at the end of the week, need to get to work asap." Which I can honestly say that I've succeeded at so far.



--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------



1. The class has definitely provided the perspective I'd hoped it would. Not only do I now have a clear idea of how journalism works as an industry, but the variety of assignments meant I also have a clearer idea of what kind of journalism I'm interested in engaging in. The assignments I feel I did best at entailed obeserving the interactions of others and capturing the interesting moments that came up.

2. Well, I spent weeks trying to remember what all the settings do, before giving up and just going with the default settings. The quality of my photos improved, but I still feel like I was leaving all the important parts of the work to the camera.

3. I did succeed at this goal in that I had a great time taking photos, and I enjoyed seeing my work get printed in the Commuter as much as anyone else. Still, I have to wince slightly at the mention of avoiding needing to rush to get assignments in on time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Space Force's First Season Struggles to Get Off the Ground

Courtesy: Netflix General Mark Naird  wanted to run the air force, but instead he got stuck in an office. Such is the fate of just about eve...