Thursday, December 5, 2019

Week 10 Forum: "Best Photojournalism"

Poetry Club member Daniel Glenn gives his thoughts on the poetry book the club
members are reading from, while fellow club member Gordon Jiroux looks on.

Thursday, October 17th, Albany DAC Center


I think this photo stood out from my other work because of the natural emotion it shows. I feel it captures my personal approach to photography, that being trying to capture distinct moments in time.
While working on the assignment this picture came from, I was constantly tweaking my camera's settings trying to get the best results in terms of lighting and composition. This was actually the first assignment I'd done with an actual camera, and as such I was kind of learning as I went along. I also initially struggled with timing a shot right. As such, a great many pictures I took ended up too blurry to use; nowadays I've corrected both issues by just using the P setting and making tweaks in post, and by switching to "Sports" mode when a person's about to make a movement or gesture I want to capture. Fortunately I gradually got better at both over the course of the assignment, with this photo being one of my first successes in it. Along with those two factors I also regret not figuring out how to set my camera to a higher quality setting. At the original size the photo's quality looks fine, but if it's enlarged it gets pretty blurry, as seen below:




No comments:

Post a Comment

Space Force's First Season Struggles to Get Off the Ground

Courtesy: Netflix General Mark Naird  wanted to run the air force, but instead he got stuck in an office. Such is the fate of just about eve...